Improving the 4casuals servers

Improving the 4casuals servers

Postby BubbaZanetti » Wed 27. Feb 2013, 21:01

Hello everyone...

This topic is a place where we can write ideas about how we can improve the servers and draw more players. First of all, we should think of something to boost the DOM server a bit because it mostly sits empty. I was thinking of adding DLC maps, and if that doesn't help, maybe changing the gametype to CTF or SAB...
BubbaZanetti

by Advertising » Wed 27. Feb 2013, 21:01

Advertising

Re: Improving the 4casuals servers

Postby chrs-kth » Wed 27. Feb 2013, 22:13

Already thought about that too, but adding DLC maps is a double-edged sword: There is that one half that does not have those maps, and the other half having them. We might add in some DLC maps for the next few days, just to see if we can get more/less players.

Changing the server to Capture the Flag or Sabotage is not a bad idea either, if the servers stays dead for the next few days, we might change it to ctf/sab to see whether or not we can get more people on our server playing those gamemodes.
chrs-kth

Postby BubbaZanetti » Wed 27. Feb 2013, 23:29

As a was saying to Pvt.McKain earlier, I think there should be something different to offer that would make the server interesting to people. The DLC maps and different gametypes are the easiest way to go and worth a try if the DOM server stays inactive as it is right now.
BubbaZanetti

Postby Speznas96 » Tue 5. Mar 2013, 13:37

i agree with Bubba!
in my opinion we should do a iSnipe server with the normal + DLC sniper Maps and then we should change the normal server to normal maps + DLCs :)
i think there are really fantastic maps like Storm for example.
we should test it anyway , i think it might be more fun to play on dlc server like vacant or something else (i mean this map with the american houses and the roads with the tanks and cars )
Speznas96

Postby chrs-kth » Fri 8. Mar 2013, 13:29

Speznas96 wrote:in my opinion we should do a iSnipe server with the normal + DLC sniper Maps and then we should change the normal server to normal maps + DLCs :)

The last thing I ever gonna spend a single cent in are sniping servers. McKain and I bought those servers because we were sick of the sniping in this game.

DLC maps are not a bad idea, but the problem is that not everyone has those maps.
chrs-kth

Return to Smalltalk